Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cakes & Snow!

This past weekend Nate and I got to head up to Idaho and enjoy my families company! It was so nice to go up and just relax and listen to conference. I can't think of anything better than that. Nate got to sleep in and it was so nice to see him lay back and relax. No phone calls or Diesel to interrupt him! Sunday morning I woke up to this.......
Can you believe this crazy weather. I had to ask my mom if I had slept until December. I was so beautiful though. After morning session I really felt like making a Snowman so my mom and I did! (Diesel tried to help by stealing the Snowman's arm and tasting the snow : ) Here is the finished product!


So my sister and I are taking some cake decorating class and due to the miles the separate us we have to spend a lot of time on the phone talking through our problems and ideas for cakes. It has been so much fun to hear the different things each instructor teaches and put the best ideas to work!

Here is my Course 1 Final Cake!

It was sooo Yummy! I put a chocolate cream inside a yellow cake!

My friend Marina is also taking the class with me and here are both of our cakes.

I had a lot of left over frosting so I decided to make so cupcakes and fill them with the filling and frost them. It was fun. (If anyone wants to come have some let me know we have lots!)


Here are a couple of Clowns that we made.


3 comments:

Stephen, Britney, Ellie, Lila, Andrew, & Marcus said...

Love it! GREAT cake and I love the cupcakes. You are going to have to give me some pointers next time we are together. LOVES!

Hay and J said...

Wow vaness! I love you artistic skills on the cake! They are way cool!

Chris and Kristen said...

Cool cake! What a fun idea to do with Brittney!