Thursday, June 2, 2011

Help!!

Ever since I ran out of breast milk it has been a struggle to get Izzy to eat, and it is so draining wondering if she is getting enough. It is a fight to get her to eat. The only time I can get her to eat is when she is drifting off to sleep. Which I feel is not getting her the nutrients she needs. I am emotionally drained worrying about her, and wonder what I can do.

When she doesn't eat well she become fussy, and very clingy making it hard for me to function and get other things done. I have tried letting he fuss then feed her but it doesn't do the trick.

Please if any of you have suggestions please let me know.

4 comments:

Sassyj said...

Vanessa-

I had this problem with my first one. It took a long time to get him to eat and once he did it was only a few types of store bought food, a specific type of formula, and one thing we did find was he preferred it when I took what we were having and made that into baby food. My recommendation is to try every formula you can. I also would sometimes put a little sugar on the nipple the first couple of times just to get them to suck on it. On the baby food (if you are not doing this already) try making some of your own she might like the taste better. I truly understand what you are going through it it not fun. Good Luck with everything I hope this helps or someone else's advice is the better solution.

Turpin's said...

I ran out of milk also and so I had a hard time getting Dane to drink formula. He wouldn't have anything to do with it. My cousin recommended to put some apple juice in the formula. Like a half of a teaspoon. By doing that, it makes it sweet just like breast milk. So once I did that he took the formula just fine. I would just put less and less in it every time I gave him a bottle and within 4 days he was off the apple juice and taking a bottle of formula just fine. We just use the formula from Costco. He seems to be doing fine with it. Seriously if you need to talk let me know! Call me!! Good luck and hang in there!

jessica said...

Stay on a schedule. Make sure you only feed her when she is hungry or it is time to eat. Good luck it is so hard when they don't understand. Give your cutie kisses for me.. She is adorable!

Unknown said...

Consult your doctor!!! He/She can tell you new/other brands of milk to use.
It sometimes helps to change...maybe the bundle of love just doesn't like the taste of this particular brand.