Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend in Idaho!

This last weekend we took the Durbano's up to my parents house in Idaho. It was such a fun and relaxing weekend. I forgot to take to camera so I didn't get any pictures... I am sad about that because it was such a beautiful weekend. Perfect weather!

We arrived Friday evening to dinner and a wonderful sunset on the river. It took me back to the good ole' days of waking up and going to bed in one of the most relaxing places possible not to mention that it's home and there is no where like home. I miss it sometimes, but I am really enjoying my new home!

Saturday we had a yummy breakfast on the deck caught up the Durbano's on my history in Idaho. After we decided to take a tour around the big metropolis of Rupert : ) We started at the Minidoka Damn and Ended at the Dairy farm! It was really fun! The Durbano's had really never been to a large dairy farm that operates with so much technology. It really is interesting. I would highly recommend it to someone.

Rhett and Natalie then joined us at the house for a little boating! I am truly spoiled, there is nothing to compair skiing on the river too. It is amazing! The water is glass there is no one to boat around it is pure bliss. We had a good time watching everyone wake board or surf. My dad even went wake boarding. Man do I wish I had my camera it was one for the record books. He even attempted a large jump (he let go of the rope though) but still got some air! Nice job dad.

All and all it was so fun to be surrounded by family! There is nothing better than that. We love you Guys !

5 comments:

Jenni said...

So crazy you were up last weekend too. It's too bad we couldn't have seen each other but it sounds like you were pretty busy. I love coming home too.

Laura Stephens said...

I love the new blog look! Sounds like a fun trip, too! :)

Hey, I tagged you on my blog! Hope you don't mind! :)

Chris and Kristen said...

That sounds awesome. Going home for you to see the river and the sunsets sounds like a romatic weekend getaway for me. I'm so jealous! Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Natalie said...

It's true, you really do have one of the most beautiful and relaxing homes to come home to. I love remembering it, and remembering your wedding reception there, and what a gorgeous couple you were as the sun was setting over the river. It's so nice there. Thanks for inviting us up for the weekend.

Unknown said...

Hey Venessa.... I found your blog through Jenni's. ours is pjoliverson.blogspot.com I miss you guys.